Sunday, July 3, 2011

Relax.

It is funny how time moves. Adults used to warn me that when you got older time sped up. I never really believed them, until now. I look back on my life, thus far. I wonder what happened. A day used to seem like forever, even when you weren't waiting for something special to happen. Where has time gone? I still think of myself as 17 some days, even though I'm closer to 20. I forget that I will soon have lived two decades of my life, and I've got approximately 80 left after that. If this is just the first 2 decades of my life what are the next two going to be like?

Its been a whirlwind of a month, shit has hit the fan in ways I never thought it could. I broke up with boyfriend, I half got back with boyfriend. I lost a close friend of mine to pure jackassery. I lost my beloved grandma. I went through a fruitless job search. There are more things I could list, but I can't think of them right now. I've had to ride the waves of adulthood, and it has been fun and it has been absolutely awful. Yet it hasn't killed me.

I'm stitting writing this in my cousin's lake house. I've hung out with my amazing multitude of second and third cousins. I've carried my smaller cousins around on my back, I've gone kayaking with the older ones. Talked about death with some of the eldest, and overall just had a break from life. Being able to get away from my immediate family and spend some time with people I only see once a year. It is something that I wouldn't give up for the world.

These people are my inspiration for my next project. Last year I started writing a novel. This year I want to finish writing it. I'm writing about these people, the collection of crazy, different, strange, offbeat, onbeat, fun, people that are my family. I'm thinking of making this blog my place to write about and even post my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment