Sunday, July 10, 2011

This is who I want to be

Today I changed my life. I started using the techniques from the book. My brother couldn't find the car after church. I drive a red car. It isn't that hard to spot. I was getting upset, How stupid could my little brother be? It wasn't even that large of a parking lot! When my brother finally found the car, I started to think up a sharp comeback that would express my frustration. I caught myself. I counted to ten. My anger didn't dissipate right away. I was able to hold back the rude comments that for sure would have hurt my brother's feelings.

I can do this!

I can get on top of my emotions. I don't have to be a social outcast anymore. I can stop feeling like I am out of control. I can stop looking back on my actions with regret. This is possible. And low and behold I've reached another goal, I'm becoming more positive. Now I just have to keep this new positive thing up! I've already made the first few steps, they haven't been easy, but they sure as hell have been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment