Sunday, July 17, 2011

Research

So, like any half way decent novelist I have been doing some research. Research into how to write, research into history, research into how clocks work, research into family history. The worst by far has been the family history. I know a lot of it, having no first cousins makes my relationships to those relatives I do have very convoluted. Of course since I am writing about the family history... Well I have to trace the family back, since the family I'm writing about was in sweden at the time, well US census records don't help much.

And of course, my father the king of pettiness, is angry that I don't have anything "important done". As he sits doing crossword puzzles. He worked on the dryer for a little bit. Yes oh so much work. I am sorry I am not organized! It just isn't my way. I also understand he is hurt because I am asking all of these questions of my mom about our family history and I have no interest in his side. At the moment. The first of these books is about my mom's side of the family... So what? He has been too sensitive since his mom died, especially since I spent part of yesterday asking him about his side of the family.

Oh well, at least I'm getting somewhere with the family research, even if it is with the wrong side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment