Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wizards First Rule

I just finished Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind. How often is it that a novel makes you reflect on yourself and brings you to tears? This book did. I'm still an emotional wreck over last nights part. Mr. Goodkind is also making me feel like a novice and a terrible writer. I want to be able to write that damn effectively. I want to put that kind of power behind my words. I want people to look inside themselves, I want to inspire them to take their own magical journeys. And I feel completely lost at how to do that. I have this story, I have ideas. I just can't seem to find the right way to tell it. I don't know how to bring the characters to life. How to make them really fly off the page and into people's minds. I want to be able to tell them what I went through, what my friends went through, and what we did to combat it. I want to tell the dangers of acting the way we did, I want to show them the harm that it does. I want people to know that their actions effect others, even if they don't think about it. I want to write about the magic I so desperately cling to. I want to be a writer. I always have.

And so I go searching for tips on how to be a better writer...

No comments:

Post a Comment