Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Remember

There will be an agreement in whatever variety of actions, so they be each honest and natural in their hour. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
What would you say to the person you were five years ago? What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years?


I was fourteen going on fifteen five years ago, and honestly what do you say at that age. I don't feel like there is anything to say. I can wish all I want that I would have done what I'm doing now sooner. I can wish and wish and wish. But all that leads to is a dark damp basement of regret. I could be generic and say it gets better. No even better then that, I know the exact words to say, it is good as it is, you just have to find it. I know I wouldn't listen to myself, but I definitely think its the right words.

As for five years from now, remember what your dad went through because of his brother. For a long time I've thought of leaving my family behind and never looking back. My uncle did that. He has never given a reason. To watch my dad go through the guilt of something that wasn't really his fault, I changed my mind and decided that I couldn't leave for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment