Thursday, June 16, 2011

More about my future?

A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.

Ha ha ha ha. I am always visualizing the future, I have kids names picked out for godsakes, I live to figure out my future, it drives ex nuts. I like to look at the future and toy with it. I like to come up with grand plans and then decide later that nah that isn't really what I wanted. There are always a few things that stay the same...

I want to be happy. I wish to travel. I desire a family. I hope to be an artist. Perhaps even write a book. I want to maybe take my interest in fashion to the next level. I would like to keep up my work in theatre. I plan to move out of the country.

I'm not sure what else to put up there with out getting too attached to an idea. I know it isn't a planed out fully visualized future, but I know myself and I know that will only drive me nuts and change, why don't I just stick with the broad, yet still crazy, dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment