Sunday, June 12, 2011

Imitation...

Imitation is Suicide. Insist on yourself; never imitate. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Write down in which areas of your life you have to overcome these suicidal tendencies of imitation, and how you can transform them into a newborn you – one that doesn’t hide its uniqueness, but thrives on it. There is a “divine idea which each of us represents” – which is yours?

I don't know. I'm at a loss. I have so many ideas but I get frustrated and I look down on myself. I even sometimes feel bad about thinking and feeling the way I do. I often feel like I'm not original enough, like I'm thinking in cliches. This prompt just makes me feel more miserable about it. I don't know. I'm frustrated. To say the least. I really want to be unique but it is making me miserable trying to be that person. Always feeling like somebody had that thought before me and that I'm not really special. Maybe I should come back to this prompt...

No comments:

Post a Comment