Friday, March 18, 2011

Italy

I was going to give you guys an awesome post on something funny WITH PICTURES! But for some reason I didn't finish drawing you some pretty pretty pictures. Since I don't want to fizzle out on this whole blogging thing I wanted give you guys something interesting. So I will start on how I started taking Italian.

It all begins with my strange choice to date a military school graduate, lets call him Wreck. Because that is what this guy was, a wreck. Wreck was in the processes of dropping/flunking out of college. It went something like you don't go to any classes and we are kicking you out, well fine I quit. For some reason I had it in my little crazy head that sticking with Wreck was the right thing to do. He was from a broken and fantastically messed up home.

How any of this leads to me taking Italian. Well the one condition to me staying with Wreck was that he get a job and start supporting yourself. Wrecks idea was to go into the Air Force. Wreck was absolutely positively convinced that this would make me happy and get me to marry him. At first I was very opposed to this idea, since Wreck wanted me to be a happy house wife. This was not on my agenda. I wanted to go be a theatre major in college, Wreck did not like this idea. Wreck wanted to wisk me away to some foreign country. This seemed like a good idea to me. What I was thinking at the time was well Europe, I love Europe and mom and dad wont take me. So I'll get to go to Europe. Win win right?

Oh how wrong I was. I was more wrong then driving the wrong way on a one way street. I was more wrong then the crazy people with signs saying "God Hates Fags". More wrong then Pluto not being a planet. I was just wrong, and I'm thinking that this all fails to explain how wrong I was. Yet none of this explains why I signed up for Italian. Well it went a little something like this.

Wreck decided that he was going to try to be stationed in Italy. When it came time to register for classes I decided out of the blue that I would learn Italian.  Maybe in the hopes that I could keep this relationship alive. Luckily Wreck is out of my life, and I'm happier then ever.

P.S. Boyfriend requests that I inform you, the internet, why I've stuck with it. So I will. I wasn't allowed to take a language in high school. So I promised to myself, no I vowed to myself, that I would take a different language, something I couldn't take in high school. Next I fell in love with Italian. As cheesy as it sounds, I love butchering the lovely la lingua di italiano. Mi piace parlo italiano. If you can read that I like you and I hope you like me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment