Sunday, September 4, 2011

Travail


a : work especially of a painful or laborious nature : toilb : a physical or mental exertion or piece of work : task,effortc : agonytorment

Examples of TRAVAIL

  1. They finally succeeded after many months of travail.
  2. <no greater travail than that of parents who have suffered the death of a child>

What do I think?: I think travail sounds an awful lot like trivial, but that is just my brain being weird. But I dare say you can travail over a trivial task...

What do I feel?: I feel like this is how my brain treats every minor problem it happens upon. It turns it into this big ordeal that it doesn't need to be. It can't get over the initial shock of dealing with something so bad and it becomes an issue.

How can I use this word?: I can use this word to describe the anathema that my parents childishness causes.

How can I explain this word to others?: I would say that it is really closely related to toil.

No comments:

Post a Comment