Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm turning into my mother?

So for those of you that don't know, my mom is sort of a hippy lite. At least she was, she has turned into more of a suburb mom now. But like all mother-daughter relationships ours has had some strain. But today after reading my addiction, The Offbeat Empire, I figured out one of my life goals. To live in a commune.

I've always had a deep spiritual connection to nature. Though not in 100 degree weather mind you. Some of my favorite memories are of the vacations we had out in the woods. Just the personal moments I had alone and at peace with it all out in the woods, those are some of the best memories.

I like how my roommate puts it, "You want to live in a fucking cul de sac, that is what you want to live in."   She teases me because I am from the most suburby suburb ever. She probably thinks I wont survive in the woods. Or around other people. She might be right.

I wont let this stop me though. I wont let anything stop me. Cause I am just that damn awesome. Oh me and my propensity for tenaciousness. I honestly think this is one of my better qualities. I digress, yet isn't that what this blog is for? My digressions into my head. A way to speak my mind and let it be heard all over if people so choose?

I just want to connect with people. I so deeply desire that connection that I perceive others having. It is something that I chase after with all of my natural craziness and sometimes comes back to bite me in the butt. But I am hoping that eventually living in a comune might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment