Friday, May 13, 2011

Week One

I promised last friday I would give you guys pictures of something interesting that I threw out each day. I'm also debating about translating each post into Italian, because I wont have any other way to practice. Also I would like to send a shout out to Ariel, the awesome woman behind the offbeat empire, and her article Committing pack-rat suicide: how I killed my need to keep absolutely everything. I'm using my blog as a way of telling the stories behind some items, so I may finally get rid of them!

I guess the other reason is even more personal. I need to start developing my own style. I spend hours ogling the indy, hipster, geek, eco, steampunk, and all kinds of other aesthetics. I never take the courage to use what I collect, on the internet and in real life to do something with it. So I'm getting rid of the things that aren't me, and I'm keeping the things that are.

Day One- May Seventh

I have just started getting rid of things, the first thing I hear, what are you doing? If I were you I'd just take a trash bag to this place, well you see I'm cleaning off my desk so I can put some objects that are in roughnecks there and have a clear work station. Also so I can clear out at least one roughneck that is full of "college only" things. Still the trash bag is king came into conversation. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand. This is my father

My mother on the other hand, I tried to explain the concept of pat rat suicide, as I will now call it, didn't exactly get it. Yet when I went to give her a beautiful silver baby hair care set my papa gave me, she couldn't understand why I didn't want to store it. I am starting to believe that she wishes there would be a shrine to my baby hood in my nearly twenty year old self's room. Uh oh I just gave away my age.

Another frustrating thing about day one. My mother expects me to help me with her chores, that is fine. Except for I'm being threatened to have all of my things thrown out again by my father. Mean while I find my most important task to be turning over a new leaf when it comes to my life. Meaning organization. I realize as a crafty artist I need to have a crazy crafty artist place! Meaning my room. I like how I keep explaining my thoughts with I mean. Also my computer is becoming covered in dust because I never dust and its really gross.

Day Two-May Eighth

I didn't do much of my own cleaning because today is mothers day. What did happen was my mother has decided I am too fat and she will enter a contest to see who can lose the most weight. Now I've already given away my own age, but lets just say my mother waited to have children until her career was started. So there is a large gap.

Day Seven-May Thirteenth

Well I fail once again, at least I am updating on time. I've been doing the post college get home and do job applications. Also doing my parents chores for them. The worst has been the job apps. It just just confirmed my ideas about capitalism. Dear adults running companies in the world, get your crap together man cause I'm sick of playing your games. I'm sorry I'm not funnier this week but it could get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment