Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jobs, I refuse to sell my soul for one.

Wow, two posts in one day, neither about what I promised. I am a terrible blogger. I just have to get this out there though. I'm a college student, I'm looking for a job. But I'm not looking hard enough apparently. My parents believe that I'm a liar, that I don't do what I'm told etc. etc. And in away, I am. The truth of it is I'm not willing to sell my soul to make myself miserable, so I can make other people happy. Mainly my parents. I want to stand by what I believe in, and do what I think is right. Even if that means pissing other people off.

The other thing I realize is my parents are never going to be happy. My job isn't going to get me enough money, they wont let me work the hours my parents want me to work. I will get fired because I had class. My parents had job back in the 70s, things have changed big time since then. I realize that I am being too picky, but the other thing is, I have a paying job when I go back to school. It isn't a lot of hours but it is doing something I love. This will be my second professional job in theatre and that is freaking awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a summer job. I started applying for summer jobs the week I got home from school. I got an interview with my previous employer, yet two hours before hand my employer called saying that since I was a college student they couldn't hire me unless I wasn't going back to ISU in the fall. I got a phone interview from yet another company, and haven't heard hide nor hare of them since. Yet another place I got a definate no from. This leaves at least 6 more stores I haven't had a word from at least.

I guess the hardest part for me is that I'm a creative human being, and I'd love to become self employed. Giving art lessons, or through an etsy shop, I really don't care. I want to foster my creativity and let myself go. I'd also love to get a summer job in my major, but since I am only a freshman and I didn't do the leg work that really doesn't span out for me.

Well there you go. A real live post.

No comments:

Post a Comment