Wednesday, February 15, 2012

People's Opinions

When I started this blog I meant to write about humor and day to day life. Then it became a sort of therapy. And then a way of making sure that I worked on my book. I used as a last thread to a connection I feared I'd lost forever. I've used this blog for lots of things, but not many of them actually focus on more than the personal.

I actually read the comments about something, I never read comments and for a good reason. Comments upset me, I hate to watch people devolve the way they do, fighting over something that they think is the end all and be all at that moment. Sometimes it is justified, but I feel like people have started to assume that just because someone has an opinion this person believes that thing is a fact. What ever happend to having an opinion and live and let live? I feel like we all feel like we are all missionaries that must convert the whole wide world. Yet when we close the tab, we walk away from our desks into real life do we have the fire about that topic anymore? Do we live our lives dedicated to that issue that we just had to enter the fray about? Maybe some of you do, and thats great. And don't get me wrong, I'm not against posting your opinion. I'm not against people of different ideas having discourses. I just worry, and I wonder what this world is coming to. Hopefully something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment