Saturday, October 8, 2011

Waking Up

I've always been fascinated with my reflection. Call it petty or whatever you want to call it, I like looking at my own reflection, I always have. Even in my darkest hours I like looking at myself. But it has only been in the past few months that I've really found the beauty in my face. In my body. In myself.

Sometimes I don't recognize the pictures of me from the past, it is like some sort of disconnect. Just like the contentment makes me shine, the sadness hides me away. And I feel the freedom in my limbs. I feel my body. It is my soul's home. And I'm learning more about it every day.

And I hate and love it. Though all that matters is that I'm learning. I am functioning, on my own. I'm becoming "normal". I see it in my face, the way that I wear my own skin with confidence. I am alive, and happy to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment