Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random Ass Chapter

Facts:

-Emily got dumped by her boyfriend, Chad, for the third time in the three months Roxana has know her.

-Emily and Roxana work together at the Grand Ely, but started talking over facebook two months before they moved to Ely.

-Emily depends on anyone and everyone to take care of her, especially men.

-The scene starts with Roxana writing out the reasons she is fed up with Emily, she is running them by Isaac when Berenice lovingly butts in. Berenice and Isaac constantly compare Emily and Chad to Roxana and Cain. This does not go over well and Roxana storms off.

(I apologize for any references here that don't make sense. I know I haven't worked on the novel lately but I have things that I know that I want I just haven't written about them here yet! So please bear with me.)

Bare Bones Script-Like Draft:

Roxana: "Things you do that piss me off: Number one..."
Isaac: "Randomly interrupting you with sarcastic comments."
Roxana gives her computer a death glare.
Roxana: "Moving on. Number one: You always ask for our help but when we give it you don't listen. I can only help you if you try my advice. I can't wave a magic wand and make it all better."
Isaac: "Expecially when I don't even know this person."
Roxana turns to her computer and turns her head as if to say really?
"Sorry I just don't understand if she makes you this crazy why you even talk to her."
Roxana: "Because she is a genuinely nice person, she just has a few issues."
Isaac: Loudly "Sounds like my excuse for speaking to you."
Roxana: "Shut up Isaac. I'm at my cousins, they don't need to know what is going on."
Berenice: Sticks her head down the stairs. "What don't you want us to know."
Roxana: "Nothing, Be."
Berenice: "Do I look like you can pull the wool over my eyes? I raised two teenagers and was one myself at one time." Berenice starts to walk down the stairs to where Roxana is sitting.
Isaac: "Hey Mrs. J! How are you?"
Berenice: "Hello Isaac, I'm just grand and you?"
Isaac: "Same old, same old."
Berenice: "So what are you two lovebirds talking about?"
Both Isaac and Roxana visibly blush.
Isaac: "She wishes we were lovebirds." Roxana blushes even more. "We are just trying to stage an intervention for another one of Roxana's loony bin friends."
Berenice: "She does have a habit of finding the crazies doesn't she? Oh well it runs in the family."
Roxana: "Hey! I just have a lot of compassion for others!"
Isaac: "Has she told you about Cain yet?"
Roxana visibly slumps over in embarrassment and defeat.
Berenice: "No. Who is he?"
Isaac: "He is her idiot sometimes boyfriend."
Berenice: "Idiot? Sometimes?"
Isaac: "He flunked out of college this year, and hasn't made it to the air force recruitment center yet. And because of that last bit he and Roxana are on a break."
Berenice: "Dump him completely."
Isaac: "Thats what I keep telling her. Hell she even gives the same advice to her friend in a simular situation but she just wont give up on him."
Berenice: "She'll snap out of it eventually, everyone goes through this kind of thing."
At this point Roxana starts to walk out of the room frustraited by her best friend and cousins behavior. Her phone in her hand she starts wandering down the long gravel road leading to Berenice's house. She is searching for a cell phone signal.

That is all I've got for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment