Monday, October 3, 2011

The Shoes

Today I aim to try something new. I am going to attempt to walk in high heels. Its only taken me almost twenty years. You see I missed out on this right of passage because I'm 5'8". I have never had a guy tall enough for me to wear heals with. I'd tower over them. Okay I'm exaggerating a little but stay with me here. I have never learned how to properly walk in heals. I can do lots of other awesome amazing things, but walking in heals is a mystery to me. I have googled how to walk in them because I plan to be walking in the cute heals I bought myself last year but never wore by Wednesday. Yes by Wednesday.

Why would I torture myself in such a fashion you ask? Well I have a date with a guy that is half a foot taller than me. Half a freaking foot people. I can hear the heavenly choirs singing. Lilly can finally wear those heels that she has been dying to wear since she was big enough to know what high heels were!

What gave me this crazy idea that he would give a shit about what my feet looked like? Well he complemented my shoes last week. My oxfords. What my mom likes to call my 1940s orthopedic nurse shoes. I still think these shoes are cute but my mom, not so much. So I figured, why the hell not wear my 5 dollar heals? This is a once in a life time opportunity here! Okay maybe I'm exaggerating but still. For me this like never happens, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment