Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bedtime Story


I shut my door, turn off the lights, and take my sleeping pill.
“Nobody loves me.” I say to myself as climb into my bed.
“Everyone hates me.” I pull the covers over me and roll on to my side holding my pillow. 
“Nobody cares about me.” I start to cry.
I hear a scraping noise. “It must be the neighbors.” I rationalize, “They make all kinds of weird noises.” The strange noise continues.
“It cant be.” I get out of bed and go to the door. I open it a crack, expecting it to be the neighbors. I look down, knowing I’ll be disappointed.
I’m not. The kitten is standing there. Waiting to come in. I open the door enough to let it  in. I crawl back in bed figuring that it will soon leave. A few moments later i feel a light tough on my leg. I smile. “I’m not alone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment