Saturday, July 7, 2012

So This is Cancer

I am fighting cancer. I think what people forget about this whole thing is that I'm not a trained fighter. This isn't a martial arts movie. I don't magically stop all the punches they throw at me. The other guy gets quiet a few punches in. And even though it is likely I'm going to walk away from this fight, I'm gonna walk away with wounds that need to be stitched and bruises that need time to heal.

Right now my lips are twitch my hands feel funny and my feet are tingly. Because I didn't wake up at my normal times to take my medication. Yesterday I had three mental breakdowns. All over something rather simple. I would go so far as to call my thinking durring those times delusional. I am losing my mind and for another four weeks it is only going to get worse. Today, thus far I am lucky. But I feel another breakdown coming on.

This is my cancer. I wont lose my hair. I don't spend most my time bent over a toilet waiting to puke. I am not in a lot of pain. And I am set to live a long normal life. This is my cancer, it isn't what most people expect. This is my cancer, and it slowly driving me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment