Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Untitled

You're life is not a movie. It is not a book. It is not a TV show. Your life is real, it is rugged, it is rough, it is honest and it is ugly. And these qualities are what makes it real. At least for a moment.

Because as soon as that moment is gone we start editing, we cut down, polish, and distress our lives into whatever we want it to look like. We get so caught up in setting up this perfect picture that we forget to look in the moment and appreciate it for the only true scrap of reality we have.

I'm not sure if this is why I hate editing or that I never write anything truly wonderful. Why I've trapped myself in this cage and wont explore anything outside of what I deem as proper. And I keep trying to break these mental chains and live my life. Yet somehow I'm still stuck here.

So I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment